The Calgary Police Credit Union Ltd. is pleased to announce the continuance of our scholarship program. Details of the program and eligibility criteria are as follows. The presentation of the scholarships will take place at the Credit Union’s Annual General Meeting each year.
Completed applications for all candidates, using the attached documentation are to be submitted to:
The Calgary Police Credit Union Ltd.
5111 – 47 Street N.E.
Calgary, AB, T3J 3R2
Important Note: Applications must be received by the Credit Union no later than November 30 each year.
Credit Union Membership:
- All children/applicants must be a member in good standing of the Calgary Police Credit Union.
- All candidates must be enrolled in school or at a post secondary institution. Proof of enrollment may be required.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to be eligible for selection on a yearly basis and may apply each year.
- ECS candidates must submit works of art that depict a message of how they will make the world a better place.
- Grade 1-3 candidates must submit an essay of 50 words or less on how they will make the world a better place.
- Grade 4-6 candidates must submit an essay of 100 words or less on how they will make the world a better place.
- Grade 7-9 candidates must submit an essay of at least 100 words on how they will make the world a better place.
- Grade 10-12 candidates must submit an essay of at least 250 words on how they will make the world a better place.
- Post secondary candidates must submit an essay of a least 500 words on how they will make the world a better place.
- All candidates must include, on the back of their submissions their full name, name of the school they are attending and the grade they are enrolled in, along with the application form.
- A selection committee comprised of members of the Credit Union Board of Directors and the Credit Union Manager will make the selection of the successful candidates.The decision of the selection committee will be final. Applications and accompanying documentation will not be returned to the applicants and become the property of the Credit Union. Winners will be notified by mail or telephone and award will be deposited into the recipients Credit Union Account.
- The scholarship recipients must agree to have their name published in the Credit Union Annual Report.
Criteria For The Awarding of The Scholarships
Number of Scholarships:
- ECS: 2 x $50.00
- Grades 1-3: 2 X $100.00
- Grades 4-6: 2 X $150.00
- Grades 7-9: 2 X $200.00
- Grades 10-12: 2 X $250.00
- Post Secondary: 2 X $250.00
- November 30th, yearly